Re: A question on "##t"

From: Ralph Little
Subject: Re: A question on "##t"
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:54:29 -0500 (EST)

> if the # puts lilypond into scheme mode, does that mean that the
> equals-sign in #'merge-differently-headed = ##t is not scheme? if
> it is, then why not #'merge-differently-headed = #t ?

In fairness to Damian, I think his further question was more to
do with the scope of the # scheme introducer.

i.e. how much of what follows the # is interpreted
as scheme.

I'm not sure that I know the definitive answer to that
question since you can define an entire scheme function with
a single # in a different context.

In answer to his specific question about

#['merge-differently-headed = #t], it wouldn't work anyway
because the syntax of scheme is different. The assignment
here is Lilypond's syntax.

Regards,
Ralph

Instant message from any web browser! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA