Re: time-signature with notes like (3/"quarter symbol") [not solved]

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: time-signature with notes like (3/"quarter symbol") [not solved]
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 15:51:05 +0100

Op zaterdag 26 januari 2008, schreef padovani:
> Hi, I'm trying to write time signatures with note symbols instead of
> "whole" fractions...
> I'm trying to do that with markups but it doesn't like it...
>
> that is the code I tried:
>
> tsMarkup =\markup {\note #"4." #1.0}
>
> {
>   \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
>   \override Staff.TimeSignature #'text = #tsMarkup
>   \time 3/2
>   c'2
> }

I think your markup should print the whole time signature, not just the note.
After some experimenting, I came up with:

\paper{ ragged-right = ##t }

tsMarkup =\markup {
  \override #'(baseline-skip . 0.8)
  \column { \number 3 \fontsize #-3 \note #"4" #-1.0 }}

{
  \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
  \override Staff.TimeSignature #'text = #tsMarkup
  \time 3/2
  c'2
}

But it does not work here (newest LilyPond from the git repository as of
today), because somehow, the note is printed infinitely small, and I get
these error messages:
programming error: Improbable offset for stencil: -inf staff space
and warning: infinity or NaN found in output, replacing by 0.0)

I would expect it to work, because when I print the \tsMarkup elsewhere, it
prints nicely. Why doesn't it?

Met vriendelijke groet,
Wilbert Berendsen

--