Program crashes whenever I start it

From: Bryan Previte
Subject: Program crashes whenever I start it
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 15:29:47 +0000 (UTC)

For some reason, every time I try to run Lilypond, it crashes; instead of
starting, it loads for about 10-30 seconds, and then I get an annoying "Lilypond
has encountered a problem and will be shut down" message, and the program closes
before any sort of window other than that dialog box even appears. This happens
both when I try to export an already-finished Lilypond file and when I try to
edit something using Lilypond. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the
program and even upgrading it, but every single time in the past few months that
I have done so, the same exact thing keeps happening. The weird thing is, about
6 months ago, this program worked just fine, but now it doesn't work at all. How
do I get the program to work again?