\override Score . PaperColumn - am I using this wrong?

From: Jay Ricketts
Subject: \override Score . PaperColumn - am I using this wrong?
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:17:39 -0500

I'm trying to get text to line up for psalm chants - this involves assigning a large block of text to a whole note representing the reciting tone.  Unfortunately, unless I pad the measure with s1.'s before the reciting tone, I wind up with text off the left end of the paper.

So I thought this:

\override Score . PaperColumn #'keep-inside-line = ##t

would fix it, but it seems to make no difference.  I tried placing it in different parts of the file, but inside addlyrics is the only place I don't get an error message.  But it still has no effect.  In the full piece the effect is worse, because of course only system 1 is indented.  My snippet is from system 3, but this actually happens often during the piece.

I have my workaround, but I have to do this often - if there's a way to use \override to make this automatic, it would sure save me a lot of time.

Here's my snippet:

---start ly---
\version "2.11.37"#
(set-global-staff-size 12)
pipeSymbol = \bar "|"
\header {
 title = "Ps. 32, Happy Are Those Whose Transgression is Forgiven"
maintainer = "Jay Ricketts"
maintainerEmail = "jay.ricketts (at) gmail.com"
lastupdated = "2008/Jan"
footer = "2007/01/31-1203"
}
<<
\chords {
}
\relative {
\key g \major \clef treble \set Staff.midiInstrument = "voice oohs"
\cadenzaOn
a'1 g8 e g g fis (e4) r | \break
 }
\addlyrics {
\override Score . PaperColumn #'keep-inside-line = ##t
\set stanza = "1."
"While I kept si -- lence, my bod -- y was -- ted a -- way through my" groa -- ning all day long.
}

\layout {
\paper {
system-count = #1
} }
---end ly---

I've attached the pdf of my snippet's result.  I'm running under Win XP Pro SP2.

Thanks again for a great program.

Best,

Jay Ricketts
Music Director