Re: german translation

From: till
Subject: Re: german translation
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:58:32 -0800 (PST)

Hallo Christian und Willkommen bei Lilypond!

Christian Braumann wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to help with a german translation of the manuals, tutorials
> etc. because many friends of me would like to use Lilypond, but have
> difficulties to understand exactly what is meant in the english version
> (as I sometimes have as well). Is there a group which has started
> already? How can I help?
>
> Christian

It is for the moment mainly me who does the translations. Due to a vast
reorganisation of the documentation (the Grand Documentation Project --
GDP) translation work is a bit slowed down until the English version is
ready.
But the improvement is worth the afford and the chapters that are already
ready are really good.

This said: the actual status is: about half or one third of the
documentation
for the development version (2.11 series) is already translated to German.
It was in a relatively stable state until about last October, when the GDP
work
started. This influenced also the German translation -- but it is still
usable.
Give it a try, go to the documentation page for 2.11 and it should already
read in German,
if your browser is set up the right way. Maybe this is a start for you and
your
friends?

Otherwise you are welcome to work on the translation, it will have to be
started
almost at zero since the changes in the docs are so big. If you are
interested,
you can send me a private email to till.rettig bei gmx.de, I can introduce
you
to all the technical stuff that is involved in the translation.

Greetings
Till