Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Piano Templates

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Piano Templates
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 01:43:12 -0800

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 21:30:17 -0800
"David Fedoruk" <address@hidden> wrote:

> The templates which I've found most helpful are the simplest ones. It
> seems much easier to slowly add complexity rather than removing it.
> The "Piano Centered Dynamics" template in particular is overwhelming.
> Perhaps separating the pedal performer out from the rest would make
> this template less overwhelming.

I haven't looked at these in detail, but surely the "solo piano"
example provides a gradual introduction?

Anyway, these templates are now produced from the templates in
LSR.  Feel free to add new ones, or to propose a correction to an
existing snippet -- I believe the policy is to add a new snippet
with the same name as the old one, except with [CORRECTION] added
after the name.

Valentin, todo list for Seba: add a web page for "how to correct
snippets".

Cheers,
- Graham