Re: Solution for: 2.11.38 LSR Adding accidentals to a trillspanner

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Solution for: 2.11.38 LSR Adding accidentals to a trillspanner
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 22:55:21 -0700

Graham Percival wrote:
On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 22:05:31 -0700
Paul Scott <address@hidden> wrote:

Graham Percival wrote:
- run the example through convert-ly.  It will probably warn you
  about the text spanners.
The LSR code didn't have a version that I could see.  I tried
starting with several 2.11.x versions.  s.11.11 finally gave:

LSR is version 2.10.12.  That info is somewhere on the website.

Applying conversion: 2.11.13, Not smart enough to convert edge-text
settings for TextSpanner.Use

        \override TextSpanner #'bound-details #'right #'text =
<right-text> \override TextSpanner #'bound-details #'left #'text =
<left-text>
That's not enough information for me and the converted code still has the original problem.

Of course the converted code still has the problem!  That's what
"not smart enough to convert" means!

- look at the doc section about text spanners.  It tells you the
  new syntax.
Where?  The internals doc for edge-text is too generic.

Umm, the first example?  It shows you how to use #'bound-details.
I don't see how to use that to get a flat, sharp or natural to appear.

I am somewhat familiar with each of these steps but not enough to
solve this problem.

You're trying to use a special tweak from an old version in an UNSTABLE
version of lilypond.  Unfortunately you need to get more familiar with
these steps if you want to convert special tweaks.
Are you saying

1. that you have answered my question above?

2. I have more to learn to understand this?

3. ?

Paul