Any way to hand-tweak odd page numbers?

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Any way to hand-tweak odd page numbers?
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 23:59:15 -0600

Hi,

I've got a very large score with even and odd page numbers set like this:

%%% BEGIN %%%

\paper {
   oddFooterMarkup = \markup \fill-line {
      " "
      \bold \fontsize #3
      \on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first
      \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string }
   evenFooterMarkup = \markup \fill-line {
      \bold \fontsize #3
      \on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first
      \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string
      " " }
   oddHeaderMarkup = \markup \fill-line { " " }
   evenHeaderMarkup = \markup \fill-line { " " }
   print-first-page-number = ##f
   print-page-number = ##t
   ragged-last-bottom = ##t
   top-margin = 16\mm
   left-margin = 30\mm
   line-width = 100\mm
   bottom-margin = 10\mm
}

These are on landscape 11 x 17 pages. Everything works great *EXCEPT* that my odd page numbers don't seem to obey the line-width = 100\mm setting. (By contrast, the left page numbers certainly do obey the left-margin = 30\mm setting.) No matter what I do, I can't get odd page numbers to appear anywhere except the (presumably default?) 15 mm from the right edge of the paper.

Unfortunately, I've not been able to pare the score down to a minimal example.

So two questions:

QUESTION 1: Does anyone have any leads (without being able to see the actual score) as to what sort of thing might keep odd page numbers from obeying line-width? I realize this is almost impossible to address, but maybe one of the gurus might have a flash of telepathic insight ...

QUESTION 2: Assuming I can't fix the root cause, does anyone have a way to tweak odd page numbers (but not even page numbes) by hand? Something like extra-offset for page numbers?

--
Trevor Bača