Re: Dynamics 2

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Dynamics 2
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 14:57:14 +0100

LilyPond interprets dynamics the same way as a musician does, namely
that each dynamics indication lasts until the next one appears, so there's no
need to repeat the same dynamics indication (actually, LilyPond
follows this rule much more strictly than most musicians).

   /Mats

Marco Pagliari wrote:
I'm creating MIDI files for my choir. How can I set different volume levels for each section, to make one be in evidence among the others? What I understand by reading section 1.3 is that dynamics can only be attached to notes, so I should repeat the dynamic mark for each note. Is there a way to declare the dynamic mark at the beginning of a complete section without the need to reapet it?
Thanks.
Marco

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing