Re: Why Is This Merge Behavior Different?

From: Gilles THIBAULT
Subject: Re: Why Is This Merge Behavior Different?
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:56:36 +0100

>Please note that I understand that it is LilyPond's intended behavior
to never merge a quarter note and a half note regardless of how
properties are set. I also understand why this should be the default
behavior. I guess I don't understand why setting
'merge-differently-headed should not override the default behavior for
quarter notes as well as flagged notes.

Actually i don't understand, too.
But you can use this workaround which seems to work.

\relative c'' {
\new Staff << { c4 c4 c2*1/2 c4 } \\ { c2 c2 }
}

Gilles