Re: specific temperament and pitch

From: neuro
Subject: Re: specific temperament and pitch
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 04:25:26 +0800

 but rather a MIDI-to-sound problem.

Yes. That's Right.
That's actually what I was asking.

How can we make lilypond's midi file play in different tuning systems, in different pitchs, and/or in a flexible way, (e.g. when I would like all the major 3rds of every major chord in a piece -- so it's not a fixed certain notes, but rather, a condition for certain notes -- to be played "just intonation" or otherwise tuned.) (Before my final decision of how the pitches should be tuned or played, so to be heard.)

Actually, I was trying to convince my ears first that,
"the major 3rds of every major chord in a tonic piece should be played a little bit lower -- as 'just intonation' tuned, rather than 12-equal temperamented," and hoping Lilypond's midi could play that way.

So, it it possible?
If so, how?

neuro
address@hidden