Re: file structure (hierarchy)

From: Walter Hofmeister
Subject: Re: file structure (hierarchy)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:28:18 -0600

Hi Werner,
I have made a quick search for \skipBar and have not been able to find it. Where did you find it? Looking at your \score block I am not sure why you are using it where you are. What exactly is it supposed to skip? As I understand it, Score.skipTypesetting is used to skip typsetting a block of music so that you can check a portion of a piece quickly. ie. you don't have to wait for a large score to compile everything every time. The property is set within the notes and gets set to ##t at the beginning of the block that you want to skip, and then set to ##f at the end of the block (at the point that you want Lilypond to begin rendering).

Hope this helps, and hope that I have not totally missed the point.

Walter Hofmeister