Re: override Stem beamed-lengths

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: override Stem beamed-lengths
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 22:24:50 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

I'm new here and new to lilypond, but I read the posts from a few years
ago about tweaking the stem lengths of beamed notes.  The posts deal
with earlier versions.

Whenever you find a solution in such an old post, try to figure out
the version number it was written for (let's say 2.6.0) and add a
line
\version "2.6.0"
at the top of your file. Then, run
convert-ly -e yourfile.ly
to automatically update the syntax to correspond to your
current LilyPond version. If you try this procedure on the
code below, you will see that you now should use

\override Stem #'details #'beamed-lengths = #'(20)

If you read carefully in the stem-interface documentation,
it says that beamed-lengths belongs to the details property.
See also section "Layout tunings within contexts", which shows
this particular example.

The beamed-lengths property is in the stem-interface, but not in Stem according to the documentation.

The properties listed directly on the main page for each layout
object, is just the properties that happen to be set by default,
which is a small subset of all properties available for the object.
To get the full list, you have to browse through all the interfaces.

  /Mats