Call for help : pitches.itely 1.1.4.3 - shape notes

From: Palmer, Ralph
Subject: Call for help : pitches.itely 1.1.4.3 - shape notes
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:56:57 -0500

Hi -

I'm rewriting pitches.itely, and I've run into a snag. I'm only
marginally familiar with shape notes, and I'd like some help with that
section : 1.1.4.3 Shape note heads.

1. It's not clear to me why the solmization name "sol" is replaced by
"#f". Can anyone give me an explanation I can include in the Notation
Reference?

2. Is this the proper place to list the possible note head shapes? If
not, I think we should at least tell people where to find a list; where
would such a list live? I tried, unsuccessfully, to find one.

Thanks for your time and attention,

Ralph

Ralph Palmer, CEM
Energy/Administrative Coordinator