Re: fermata and text (markup) on/above one note

From: Werner
Subject: Re: fermata and text (markup) on/above one note
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:26:34 +0000 (UTC)

Kieren MacMillan <kieren_macmillan <at> sympatico.ca> writes:

> Hi Werner,
>
> > % works, but very very laborious
>
> Not sure why you think your solution is particularly "laborious"...?
> Once you put the code into a variable, it seems pretty easy to me --
> see example below.
>
> [Of course, you could further abstract this into a Scheme function
> that takes a parameter for the text, but that's even more work, at
> least to set up the first time...]
>
> Cheers,
> Kieren.
> ___________________________________

\version "2.10.33"

%fone = ^\markup { \hspace #0 \fermataMarkup ("1.") }
ftwo = ^\markup { \hspace #0 \fermataMarkup "2." }
%fthree = ^\markup { \hspace #0 \fermataMarkup "3." }

\relative c'
{
        \clef G
        \time 3/2
        \key g \minor    % \key bes \major
        \partial 4
        \repeat "volta" 2
        {
                d'4 |
                c cis d d8( c) bes4.\ftwo bes8 |
                a \noBeam g f \noBeam g es4. d8 d2
                       ^\markup { \fermataMarkup "3."|
                r8 g fis g a2 bes4^\fermata

But also doing that, I don't understand, why the \hspace #0 influences the
raise - it's explicitely not vspace :( so I don't know
(Try the code above!)

Greetings
Werner

PS
fermataMarkup is nicer than \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata" of course, thanks
for the hint