Re: fermata and text (markup) on/above one note

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: fermata and text (markup) on/above one note
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:18:36 -0500

Hi Trevor,

I'd actually suggest changing out the default dynamics definitions in the distro,
but not sure if that's the behavior anyone else would actually want.

I actually reiterate a suggestion I made more than a year ago: I think Lilypond should align all markup (including dynamic text) to *BASELINES* rather than <whatever the current code says>. I find the same irritating workarounds required just to line up two adjacent markups, never mind dynamics. =\

To answer your implicit question explicitly... "YES, that's behaviour I would want!". =)

Cheers,
Kieren.