RE: Beaming question

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: RE: Beaming question
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:22:46 -0000

Hi Steve

This section in the docs is rather confusing.  I hope to try
to clarify it shortly.

The automatic behaviour should beam 16th notes in groups of
4, ie on crotchet beats, which is what you want, if I
understand you correctly, but beams over 8th notes end only
on half-note beats, ie on beats 2 and 4.  You'd like them
also to end on beats 1 and 3.  To do this you need to add:

      #(override-auto-beam-setting '(end * * * * ) 1 4)
      #(override-auto-beam-setting '(end * * * * ) 3 4)

These should cause any beam to terminate on beats 1 and 3,
in addition to terminating on beats 2 and 4 which happens by
default.

HTH

Trevor D