Re: Showing instrument name and correct clef with cue notes

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: Showing instrument name and correct clef with cue notes
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:57:39 +0100

hi reinhold,

On Feb 11, 2008, at 11:57 PM, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

Is it possible to show the instrument together with the quoted cue notes? Unfortunately, I can't modify either the quoting, nor the quoted music (since I generate other scores from the them too, where the cue notes are removed).

Ideally, I would assign the instrument name once to the quote, something like

   \addQuote "VIIIArieSQuote" \VIIIArieS
\addInstrumentNameToQuote "VIIIArieSQuote" "Sop." % <= does not exist...

and then whenever I do
     \cueDuring #"VIIIArieSQuote" { R1*3 }

<...SNIP...>

i had to do this about a year back, i ended up using \tag like this:

<<<

second = \relative c' {
[...]
  \tag #'cued { \cueDuring #"trbnIIIquote" #1
    { R1*3_\markup{\small "Trbn. III"}}}
  \tag #'uncued { R1*3 }
[...]
}

third = \relatice c' {
[...]
  \tag #'cued { \cueDuring #"trbnIquote" #1
    { R1*2_\markup{\small "Trbn. I"}}}
  \tag #'uncued { R1*2 }
[...]
}

\addQuote trbnIIIquote { \transpose c es \keepWithTag #'uncued \third }

trbnII = \simultaneous {
  \global
  \new Voice = "cue" { \voiceOne \smaller \skip 1*58 }
  \new Voice \keepWithTag #'cued \second
}

trbnIIscore = \keepWithTag #'uncued \second
trbnIIIscore = \keepWithTag #'uncued \third

\score {
        <<
                \new Staff \transpose c es \trbnIIscore
                \new Staff \transpose c es \trbnIIIscore

}

you can see the results here: http://simon.bailey.at/random/himmelfuge-example/

took me a while to work that one out, originally written in lilypond 2.7, just ran it through 2.11.25 (i know, i should update that box at some point), and it still works.

hope that helps, regards,
sb

--
Simon Bailey