Re: Showing instrument name and correct clef with cue notes

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Showing instrument name and correct clef with cue notes
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 00:42:54 +0100

Am Freitag, 15. Februar 2008 schrieb Simon Bailey:
> i remembered that there was an instrumentCueName property defined at
> some point, and have extended the solution a bit more.
>
> On Feb 15, 2008, at 9:57 AM, Simon Bailey wrote:
> <<<
> tec = { \once \override Staff.Clef #'font-size = #-3 \clef tenor }
> bc = { \once \override Staff.Clef #'font-size = #-3 \clef bass }
> %% Trombone 3 preQuote setup
> tIIIpq = {
>   \set fontSize = #-3
>   \bc
>   \set Voice.instrumentCueName = "Trbn. III"
> }
>
> second = \relative c' {
> [...]
> \tag #'cued { \cueDuring #"trbnIIIquote" #1
>    { \tIIIpq R1*3 \tec }}
> \tag #'uncued { R1*3 }
> [...]
> }

Okay, this works in most cases, but when there is a line break immediately
before the cue notes, the clef for the cue notes is already shown on the
previous line and also as the clef for the whole staff (of course, since
that's what we are setting as a workaround...). This is confusing at best,
since e.g. the staff for Vc/B would suddently show a treble clef.

Attached is an example...

is there any setting to cause a clef change to come into effect only
immediately after the start of the measure (i.e. show the bass clef for the
whole staff and then after the key signature show the small clef for the cue
notes)?

Inserting s1*0 right before the clef does not work (s1*1/256 does, but that
messes up the measure checks...), either, since that does not change the
moment.

Thanks for any tips,
Reinhold