Re: GDP: What term do you use? (redux)

From: Daniel Tonda
Subject: Re: GDP: What term do you use? (redux)
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:16:59 -0600

When I went to music school (in México) the notes up to 128th went like this:

whole = redonda
1/2     = blanca
1/4     = negra
1/8     = corchea
1/16   = semicorchea
1/32   = fusa
1/64   = semifusa
1/128 = garrapatea (i always thought this was hilarious because it sounds like garrapata which is an insect, I believe a tick, so short as to be non trascendental)

The teachers didn't bother with any more since they claimed it was not in use.

2008/2/17, Alard de Boer <address@hidden>:
On Feb 16, 2008 11:25 PM, Kurt Kroon <address@hidden> wrote:
> Oh, yeah ... I was also wondering:
>
> What the Dutch, Danish, Finnish and Swedish words for 128th- and 256th-notes
> and -rests?

In Dutch: 128e noot, 256e noot, 128e rust, 256e rust. In the unlikely case
someone would prefer to write out the numbers:

honderdachtentwintigste noot
tweehonderdzesenvijftigste noot
honderdachtentwintigste rust
tweehonderdzesenvijftigste rust