Re:GDP: What term do you use?

From: Palmer, Ralph
Subject: Re:GDP: What term do you use?
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:04:23 -0500

Kurt -

If I were actually speaking with another violinist about an actual piece
of music, I'd most likely say something like, "It's an ottava passage."
If I got a blank stare, I'd probably add something like, "You play the
music an octave higher (lower) than it's written." If I were looking up
how to write such a passage in LilyPond, I would look first under
"ottava", and if I didn't find what I wanted, I'd start looking under
"octav . . .".

Peace,

Ralph

Ralph Palmer, CEM