Re: TimeSignature as fraction: gap between numerator and denominator - s

From: Werner
Subject: Re: TimeSignature as fraction: gap between numerator and denominator - solution
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:25:39 +0000 (UTC)

Mats wrote:

> I believe the LilyPond default layout agrees well with common
> typesetting standard. However, LilyPond is a very flexible tool so
> you can get another layout if you prefer. One method is to use the
> trick described in "Polymetric notation" as a starting point, which
> could result in something like

 \version "2.10.33"

 % Markup to produce a 4/4 time signature that works with smaller
 digits. tsMarkup = \markup {
  \vcenter \override #'(baseline-skip . 2) \number {
    \column { "4" "4" }

 \relative c' {
    \clef G
    \key g \major
 % 4/4 statt C
   \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil =
      #ly:text-interface::print
   \override Staff.TimeSignature #'text = #tsMarkup
    \override Staff.TimeSignature #'font-size = #-2
    \time 4/4
    \partial 8     d'8 | % Auftakt
 }

>   /Mats

Hello Mats,

your solution ist really great, thank you very much.
Of course with font-size -1 (I put -2 just to show better the difference).
(My opinion: That should be default layout.)

Yours

Werner