Re: Doing \score { <<...>... } and \context Staff << .... >> in scheme?

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Doing \score { <<...>... } and \context Staff << .... >> in scheme?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:43:30 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2008 schrieb Nicolas Sceaux:
> module-define! is the function you were looking for.

Ah, thanks... I was confused by the name and didn't even consider it (thinking
it somehow defines a module, while in fact it is defining INSIDE a module).

> Here is function that builds a score with a piece title and some music,
> using the new bindings:
>
> makeScore =
> #(define-music-function (parser location title music) (string?
> ly:music?)
>     (let ((score (ly:make-score music))
>           (header (make-module)))
>       (module-define! header 'piece title)
>       (ly:score-set-header! score header)
>       (collect-scores-for-book parser score))
>     (make-music 'Music 'void #t))
>
> \makeScore "Test" { c'4 d' e' f' g'1 }

Dang, that looked so promising!
It worked fine in all my tests, until I started switching my orchestral score
to my own createscore function... The problem is that cue notes do not appear
in the score!!!

Apparently your makeScore function is not exactly the same as
\score {
   { c'4 d' e' f' g'1 }
  \header { piece = "Test" }
}

Attached is a (stripped-down) example, where the cue notes are displayed in
the score, while they are not in the score(s) generated in scheme. I tried
both collect-scores-for-book and an explicit \score, and in both cases the
cues simply don't appear.

Cheers,
Reinhold