optionally wrapping a two-line title

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: optionally wrapping a two-line title
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 10:41:47 -0500

[Lilypond 2.11.37]

Hi y'all!

I've got

\header
{
    title = "Fantasy Variations on a Theme by Charpentier"
}

and *only* in certain places (e.g., the \scoreTitleMarkup) I'd like to have this on two lines [split before the "on"], whereas in other places (e.g., the footer, colophon, etc.) I'd like the complete line.

What's the best way to accomplish this?
I've considered using subtitle to hold the second line, and then concatenating them when I need to... but that's less "clean" than I'd like.

Best regards,
Kieren.