RE: GDP: Repeats

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: RE: GDP: Repeats
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 09:34:40 -0000

Ralph

As I said earlier, I'd go for the simpler structure:

1.4 Repeats
1.4.1 Repeat syntax
1.4.2 Normal repeats
1.4.3 Manual repeat commands
1.4.4 Tremolo repeats
1.4.5 Measure repeats

since this leaves a further level for subdivision within
each section.

Or, if you prefer your suggested layout:

1.4 Repeats
1.4.1 Repeat syntax
       This is the syntax
       These are the types of repeats supported
1.4.2 Repeated phrases using notated begin and end repeat
signs
       Simple
       Complex %%i.e., with alternative endings
       Manual repeat commands
1.4.3 Repeating written out phrases %%i.e., unfold
1.4.4 Repeated notes and measures %%i.e., "percent" repeats
1.4.5 Tremolo repeats

but you'd need to think of some snappier headings.

Trevor D