Re: Problem with tuplets ... please help

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: Problem with tuplets ... please help
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:01:18 +0000

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Without the actual file to look at, it's hard to give a proper problem
> analysis/solution (my crystal ball broke last week ;-) Are you maybe using
>     \include "english.ly"
> in your file? If so, the syntax for sharps is gsharp, not gis (and gflat
> instead of ges)! You can also use the short form gs/gf instead.

Indeed, I reproduce the reported error message if I use
\include "english.ly" but then use the -is/-es notation for sharp/flat.

If Simon writes,

g4 \times 2/3 { gs gs gs } r2

he should get the correct output.  Alternatively, just delete the line
\include "english.ly".  Your call. :-)

Contra to Mark's comment it's not to do with the tuplet although I agree
it's good to include rhythmic values _within_ the tuplet just as a
safeguard.