Re: page breaks related to header size

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: page breaks related to header size
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:53:28 +0200

On 27/02/2008, Risto Vääräniemi wrote:
>  Sometimes the LP still seems a bit pessimistic about fitting the
>  systems on a desired number of pages. Setting between-system-padding
>  to zero and adjusting the between-system-space instead usually works.

Speak of the Devil... :-)

Today I wrote a piece of music that demonstrates this behaviour.
However, this time I cannot get one system on a previous page even if
I set the padding to zero (or to a small negative value – tried -5
mm). The first page is also a bit liberally spaced but the second page
is the one with real problems. There's a huge gap between the last
system and the end of the page. If you have look at the first system
on the third page, you notice that it should fit there quite easily.

If I interpreted the spacing annotations correctly there's 58.44 mm
space left and the Y-extent of the system in question is just 36.04
mm. The extent-estimate is a bit bigger: 42.36 mm but that should also
be OK by me.

Any tips? If I try to create a minimal example the effect most likely
disappears. I probably must try to do that, though.

-Risto