Re: GDP: What term do you use?

From: Damian leGassick
Subject: Re: GDP: What term do you use?
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:41:45 +0000

the pragmatic 'what would i look for in the index?' approach is going to have to arbitrate here

   1. I would never search for "transposition";

absolutely, i'd look for octave ottava 8va or 8vb

Aside: we (all) should immediately stop doing that -- we should start writing ALL instruments with "transposed clefs", to be clear. ;-)

agreed, i always use the 8_clefs

but, to be fussy, don't you mean 'transposing clefs'?