Re: GDP: NR 1.1 comment

From: David Fedoruk
Subject: Re: GDP: NR 1.1 comment
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:27:27 -0800

Piano music is not the only place to use a GrandStaff is it? Is not a
full orchestral score written on a Grand Staff? And the full score of
a String Quartet is it not also a Grand Staff?

I am not 100% sure I'm right here either. I thought that GrandStaff
meant more than one staves bound together because they made up a
greater whole.

In Lilypond I thought that PianoStaff was  inside the GrandStaff
hierarchy as child of the GrandStaff the way GrandStaff is of \score.

As i say, I'm not sure that I'm exactly correct here, but if I am then
GrandStaff still has uses aside from the far more specific case of
PianoStaff.

Cheers
David