shifting whole measure rest

From: David Bobroff
Subject: shifting whole measure rest
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:10:00 +0000

I want to shift a full measure rest downwards below the staff. This is to keep it from overlapping cue notes in the staff. I *can* use #'extra-offset to move it but it doesn't have a ledger line above it to indicate that it is a "whole" rest. It's just a floating box. How can I get a centered whole measure rest below the staff?

-David