Adding a tremolo for beamed notes

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Adding a tremolo for beamed notes
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 23:17:49 +0200

Dear all,

I came up with a piece of music that combines a tremolo with a beamed
eight note. It looks a bit unorthodox (as I cannot find a solution in
the manual) but it conveys the meaning very well.

Can you tell me if there's a way to make some kind of a workaround to
get the desired result or can you suggest an alternative that's more
"by the book"? I tried to check the Feta font for a suitable candidate
that could be used as the tremolo beam. I also tried to create an
alternative voice with a single quarter note tremolo on top of the
beamed eight note. Didn't work though.

I've included two images: one is the result I'd like to get and the
other is what I get in real life. :-)

-Risto