Flamenco/Rasgueado and Lilypond

From: Timothy S. Nelson
Subject: Flamenco/Rasgueado and Lilypond
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 12:39:34 +1100 (EST)

Hi all. I did a Google and an Archives search on how to notate rasgueado with lilypond, and the instructions there said to use an arpeggio.

I've since discovered on Wikipedia that the up bow/down bow notation used for violins can be used for up strokes/down strokes for plucked string instruments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_musical_symbols

(search for "up bow" in the above link)

Anyway, I think that's a better way of indicating things, so I thought I'd send it to the list, and it would appear in the archives for future searchers, so they don't have to re-notate everything like I will :).

I'd also welcome responses to this; while I don't hang out on the lilypond lists any more, I did a few years ago, and the notational knowledge of some of the people here was amazing to me :).

        :)

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: address@hidden    | I am                           |