Re: Staff spacing and collisions

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Staff spacing and collisions
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:02:25 +0100

Oscar van Eijk wrote:
Hi All,

I'm 'Lilyponding' a small prelude I wrote. It's only one page, but I
can't get it without collisions.

I attached a PNG, if that's not clear enough; the PDF is at
http://vaneyck.terra-terra.com/Senorio.de.los.Llanos.pdf.

My problem is mainly the slur above bars 19 and 20 that collide with the
Pedal sign of bar 14.
It looks like a bug to me that you get this collision, even though I guess that LilyPond makes some approximations to the actual slur shape when it calculates the vertical spacing. Can you please send a .ly file example (as small as possible)
to bug-lilypond.
It could easily be solved if the staff space of the second line would be
decreased a bit, but I can't find how to achieve that.
I don't really understand what kind of solution you want. The natural solution
would be to increase the spacing between the two systems (score lines).
One trick to do that, if everything else fails, is described in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-09/msg00454.html

   /Mats