Re: Problem with \transpose and \cueDuring

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Problem with \transpose and \cueDuring
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 11:29:12 +0100

In the GDP docs, this issue is mentioned both in the sections on
"Instrument transpositions" and "Quoting other voices". Do you
think it needs further clarification?

  /Mats

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
Am Dienstag, 4. März 2008 schrieb Han-Wen Nienhuys:
2008/3/3, Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>:
I'm currently investigating how to properly write transposing
instruments. Since their voices are also used in cue notes, the best way
is to write them
I don't understand this remark: this is exactly why we have the
\transposition feature; why doesn't that do what you need?

Oops, sorry, I didn't read that part of the documentation thoroughly enough ;-( I only saw MIDI in capitals, looked at the example (where the \transposition does not have any effect on the output) and assumed it would only work on MIDI.
Of course, it works just fine. Thanks for the hint!
Reinhold

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        School of Electrical Engineering