Re: lilypond-book with multi-dir projects

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond-book with multi-dir projects
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 02:56:26 -0800

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 11:00:57 +0100
Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote:
> > lilypond-book --out=/tmp/ foo.lytex
> >
> > should imply -I=/tmp/  otherwise lilypnod-book will never find
> > foo.tex and will then always recreate foo.tex.
> > (alternately, just improve the searching for the old .tex file)
> >

> I don't exactly understand what problem you are referring to. Is it
> that you have lines like
> \input{includedfile}
> or
> \input{includedfile.lytex}

No; just take the simplest possible .lytex file (such as the
template from the docs).  Run
  lilypond-book --pdf --out=/tmp foo.lytex
  lilypond-book --pdf --out=/tmp foo.lytex

Both times, it compiles all the lilypond snippets and creates a
new foo.tex in /tmp/.  I think this is because lilypnod-book looks
for a foo.tex in the same directory, instead of looking in the
output directory.

If you add -I=/tmp/  then lilypond-book won't recompile all the
snippets on the second (idential) run.  This works fine for me,
but since John's familiar with lilypnod-book, python, and was
offering, I figured it was worth mentioning.

Cheers,
- Graham