Re: Slurs after line break - comments affect layout?

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: Slurs after line break - comments affect layout?
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 11:10:52 +0200

I'm sorry for so many postings.

On 06/03/2008, Risto Vääräniemi wrote:
>  I have a piece of music with many slurs and sometimes I need to make a
>  system break during a slur. With the current key (f minor) the default
>  results are usually not that pleasing to the eye.
>
>  Luckily, I found a Scheme thingy on the mailing list for tweaking the
>  broken slur at the beginning of a system.
>  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-08/msg00539.html

I had a go and compiled the music with .41. It seems that the code
that creates a nice slur with .39 produces a default, not-so-pretty,
slur with .41. :-(

Any suggestions or pointers?

Another thing...

If I use \set doubleSlurs = ##t to produce upper and lower slurs e.g.
for two  chords, can I tweak the broken slur(s) then. Which slur does
the settings (control-points) change?

-Risto