Re: use the feta font in GIMP

From: matth
Subject: Re: use the feta font in GIMP
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 10:52:59 +0100

Thanks a lot,
I was a bit afraid to ask this because it's not really a question about lilypond.
To Kieren, the "final touch" is about the placement of some objects like rests or harmonics : a few months ago I was working on "In the woods" by Takemitsu (a piece for guitar) and the notation used for some harmonics was really great ( the note played with the left hand without stem, the one played with the right hand without stem and with a diamond head, the two smaller and between brackets and the closest note from the heard pitch normal with a little circle above)
So the problem is not to know how to change things but just to keep an intelligible code.
I'll try Inkscape it seems great!
I've a second question : can we enable or disable whole engravers from some contexts  with something like the \override command so that we don't have to create new contexts with specific properties? Maybe I'll have to open a new thread for that.
Thanks everybody.

2008/3/5, Valentin Villenave <address@hidden>:
2008/3/5, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden>:

>  If not, I second Chris's suggestion to avoid GIMP, in favour of a
>  vector-based application.

Inkscape is free and can directly open .ps files generated by LilyPond :)

http://www.inkscape.org/

Cheers,
Valentin