Re: Spacing around bar lines in 2.11.38 - links to example (fixed)

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Spacing around bar lines in 2.11.38 - links to example (fixed)
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 10:58:28 +0100

You have already done lots of tweaks related to the spacing, so are probably
aware of that the layout decisions on LilyPond are based on a large number of
different considerations and parameter values.
I admit that you have very tight spacing around some bar lines, for example
in the beginning of bar 26 of barexample.pdf (when I processed your file with
2.11.41, the line breaks ended up somewhat differently so bar 26 ended up
slightly more spaced out). See
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-11/msg00124.html
for a hint on how to adjust the spacing after bar lines.

When browsing through your file, I noticed that you used the following
contruct:
       \repeat unfold 3 { s1 } \lpbreak
Are you aware of that you can reduce the typing by using
s1*3 \lpbreak
instead?

   /Mats

Steve Dunlop wrote:
Sorry about the bad PDF.  I had FTP'd it in text mode.

I have fixed the original PDF:
http://www.nerstrand.net/8lpf.pdf

And put all the files together into one .ly file for ease of viewing:
http://www.nerstrand.net/barexample.ly

And for good measure posted the PDF from the barexample.ly file:
http://www.nerstrand.net/barexample.pdf

And fixed the broken link:
http://www.nerstrand.net/bwv558.ly

Sorry for the mixup, and thanks for looking.

Steve