Re: Changing the bar-number string

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Changing the bar-number string
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 12:22:46 -0500

Hi Francesco,

I'd like to change the bar-numbers of a repeated section so that it
shows the bar-number of the first time with a "bis" added.

If I knew Scheme, I would write something like

%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.11.37"

#(define (special-bar-number context)
(markup (#:line ((ly:context-property 'Score 'currentBarNumber) "bis"))))

music = \relative
{
        \override Score.BarNumber #'stencil = #special-bar-number
        \repeat unfold 16 { a1 }
}

\score { \music }

Unfortunately, the code I wrote doesn't work...  =\
Maybe someone out there can fix it -- or tell us why this idea can't possibly work.

Cheers,
Kieren.