Re: Need help with upgrade from 2.2 to 2.10

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Need help with upgrade from 2.2 to 2.10
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 21:08:03 +0100

I recognize the problem, when trying to use the precompiled binary package of 2.10 or 2.11 on Debian Sarge. The funny
thing is that often I get the correct output anyway, but sometimes
LilyPond simply breaks halfway through the compilation.

   /Mats

Quoting Alan McConnell <address@hidden>:

I grabbed the big .gz from your site and ran the install.  It
seemed to work fine.  But I now when I run    lilypond  testfile.ly  ,
I get the error message:

/usr/local//lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond: relocation error:
/usr/local/lilypond/usr/lib/libguile.so.17: symbol regexec, version GLIBC_2.3.4
not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

I am running a very ancient Debian sarge, which I hope to upgrade to etch in
a week or so.  Can I fix the above error before that, or is it best to wait
till I have etch working?

TIA for help and best wishes,

Alan