Re: Better Midi, anyone?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Better Midi, anyone?
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 19:16:34 -0700

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:08:05 +1100
Peter Chubb <address@hidden> wrote:

> Graham> The above points are possibly with a macro: instead of simply
> Graham> moltorit = \markup{ \italics molto rit }
>
> The point is that for the Artemis competition we have to start with
> unmodified Lilypond input.  So we have to recognise, say
>       c'^"rit." or c'^"rall" etc., and convert to \tempo 4=60 or
> whatever.

Oh.  Ooooh.  Yikes.  Including all English / Italian / French /
German / etc variations of "slow down"?!

Hmm.  I was thinking of something completely different here.  I
agree with Rune; I don't know why they chose lilypond for this
contest -- or at the very least, why they didn't specify a subset
of normal lilypond code.

Sorry, I can't help with this.

Cheers,
- Graham