outside-staff-priority

From: David Bobroff
Subject: outside-staff-priority
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:32:25 +0000

The following short example exhibits a problem I've not been able to solve. The rehearsal marks are placed further from the staff than the MultiMeasureRestText. I want to keep the rehearsal marks close to the staff and have the text further away. I would also like to know if it is still possible to widen the MultiMeasureRest. I know this used to be possible with minimumMeasureWidth or something. Haven't found a reference to anything like that in the current docs.

And speaking of docs, I *have* been trying to find the solution in the docs and either a) I haven't found the right paragraph or b) I'm just not getting it.

-David

\version "2.11.42"

\score {
        \relative {
      \set Score.skipBars = ##t
        R1
        % I've also tried #'extra-offset but the problem gets worse
        % as things keep trying to avoid each other
        \override RehearsalMark #'outside-staff-priority = #1
        \override MultiMeasureRestText #'outside-staff-priority = #5
        \mark \default
        R1*2^\markup{"some text"}
        \mark \default
        R1