Anything I should know about multiple voices in a single drum staff?

From: Kevin Partington
Subject: Anything I should know about multiple voices in a single drum staff?
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:13:52 -0700 (PDT)

So I'm trying to use two voices to write a drum set part for a tune I'm
arranging in Lilypond. I looked at the "Percussion Staves" page in the
tutorial and pretty much did exactly what they did. Instead of combining the
voices onto the same staff as was used earlier for when it was just one
voice, two new smaller staves are created, each marked with treble clef
instead of percussion clef and each having all of its notes (irrespective of
different drum sounds used) placed on middle C.

I'm already in \drummode when I start the parallel branching. (I use the
"short" polyphony, the second example described in the tutorial page. (URL:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.9/Documentation/user/lilypond/Percussion-staves#Percussion-staves)
I'm pretty much mimicking the format at this point; the only differences are
that the single-voice section is a hell of a lot longer, and the divided
section is a bit longer than one measure (but not by much).

I'm sorry I can't really add more detail-- I just can't think of anything
else that's relevant offhand. I'll include the code so you can see what I
mean.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if it's really obvious.

-KP

P.S. If you just put "\score {\drumset}" at the end of the file, it _should_
compile fine... but I'm not sure. I don't want to send my score file because
that has numerous other parts in it, but if I need to I'll send whatever you
need. Thanks!

http://www.nabble.com/file/p15998012/drum.ly drum.ly