beaming patterns

From: irenicus
Subject: beaming patterns
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:55:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I have a question regarding beam behavior: With 6/8 rhythm, I have the
following pattern:
1.   2.  3.   4.   5.
x16 x8 x16 x16 x16, usually this pattern starts or finishes one beat(ie.
there's x4. before or after it).

Now I want all five notes tied in one group, but also 3,4,5 tied in a
triplet. What Lilypond does on default is that it ties 4. and 5. into a pair
and lefts 3. alone.

This cannot be handled with mere x16 [x8] x16 [x16 x16] as this disconnects
the notes into two groups.

Is there any way to handle such pattern? I saw something on automatic beam
behavior in the documentation, but I just don't understand it.
Hope I made myself clear with my sloppy music-related english.

Thanks.