Re: lilypondtool for linux

From: Nicholas WASTELL
Subject: Re: lilypondtool for linux
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:25:13 +0100

Copied to the list for future clarity.

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:22:48 -0300
Hugo Ribeiro <address@hidden> wrote:

> ... when I write a
> simple example:
>
> { c d e f }
>
> and try to run lilypond, it says:
>
> "Error runing external command. See activity log about the problem"

I think you have an error in the path and/or commands in the lilypondtool
options.  In jEdit, go to Plugins; Plugin Options and select LilyPondTool in
the tree view (left-hand part of the window).

The main settings and my actual entries are:

General:
Path to LilyPond binary: /usr/local/bin
External PDF viewer: evince
Use the complex parser: yes
Enable experimental features: yes

Commands:
Lilypond command: lilypond
Default Lilypond arguments: [blank]
convert-ly command: convert-ly
Python executable: python
GhostScript command: gs

If you are not sure where lilypond is actually installed, open a terminal and
do:
$ whereis lilypond

The main choices will be /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin or ~/bin and you need to
change the 'Path to Lilypond binary' setting accordingly (in the General
settings, above).

Restart jEdit and try the test file again.

Nick.
--
Nicholas WASTELL
France