Another benefit to free music

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Another benefit to free music
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 13:00:20 -0400

I received an email last week informing me that the music I have on my
website under the GPL license, with source in lilypond and ABC, has
been used in a study on staff line removal, which is something music
scanning programs do before they try to figure out what the notes are.

You can read more about this on my blog
<http://laymusic.org/wordpress/?p=416>.  I thought people might be
interested in this unexpected use for free music information.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (501) 641-5011
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139