Beginning single staff with vertical line

From: Marius Andersen
Subject: Beginning single staff with vertical line
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 22:07:23 +0100 (CET)

I want to make a single staff begin with a bracket and a vertical line,
like this:

    / _____________________
    ||_____________________||
    ||_____________________||
    ||_____________________||
    ||_____________________||
    \

What I currently have is the following code,

    \score {
      \new StaffGroup <<
        \override StaffGroup.SystemStartBracket #'collapse-height = #1
        \new Staff {
          r2^\fermata \bar "|."

    \layout{ragged-right = ##t}

which produces this:

    / _____________________
    | _____________________||
    | _____________________||
    \

As you can see, the bracket is produced, but the vertical line is
missing. It seems that LilyPond only draws the beginning vertical line
when the score consists of more than one staff. There might be a good
reason for this, but what if I really want to override it? How can I
make a single staff begin with a vertical line in addition to the bracket?

Alt i ett. Få Yahoo! Mail med adressekartotek, kalender og
notisblokk. http://no.mail.yahoo.com