Re: Parenthesizing rests

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Parenthesizing rests
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:02:11 +0100

parenthesized is a layout object property that only is included in the
accidental-interface, where it is used to determine if a cautionary accidental
should be typeset using smaller font or by including it in parentheses.

parenthesize, on the other hand, is a music property, which is used internally by the \parenthesize macro to add parenthesis around note heads or articulations
or ...
For note heads, it only works within chords (I don't understand the implementation
well enough to realize why), which also explains why it doesn't work with
rests. An ugly workaround is to use the technique in the regression test
called stencil-hacking.ly

  /Mats