Re: Accordion notation: registers, stradella

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Accordion notation: registers, stradella
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:42:14 +0100

2008/3/28, George_ <address@hidden>:

>  I play the accordion, and sometimes receive hand-written music, which for
>  purposes of legibility and to provide additional copies to scribble all over
>  when I am learning, I would like typeset onto a computer and stored
>  electronically. This is all well and good, except I can't find out how to do
>  two things on Lilypond:

Hi George,

Several solutions have been provided on this list over the past few
years, but LilyPond's syntax has changed since then and it might be a
problem.

However, the LilyPond Snippet Repository (LSR) provides some useful
tricks for accordion notation: for instance, have a look at

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=194
and
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=311

The last one even provides a very complete Accordion-macro for the
jEdit text editor; if you're not already using this editor you might
consider giving it a try, with the very useful LilyPondTool plugin:

http://lilypondtool.organum.hu/

Cheers,
Valentin