Re: Rotating/grouping grobs for microtonal accidentals

From: Torsten Anders
Subject: Re: Rotating/grouping grobs for microtonal accidentals
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:22:24 +0000

On Mar 28, 2008, at 8:58 PM, Torsten Anders wrote:
I would like to define a microtonal notation with alteration fractions (cf. http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/topdocs/ NEWS.html) -- thanks for providing this feature! Everything works great.

My only problem is the creation of suitable accidentals. I need four additional signs: a comma up (/), a comma down (\), and a combination of these signs with the standard accidentals (#\ and b/). I figure I could use something like "scripts.lvarcomma" for a comma up. For a comma down, however, I need to rotate this sign or "scripts.rvarcomma". Moreover, I would like to group my commas with the common accidentals. How can I rotate and group feta font symbols which I want to add to the list of accidentals.

% code does not work, should only clarify problem
myGlyphs = #'((1 . "accidentals.doublesharp")
        [...]
       (1/6 . "scripts.rvarcomma")
       (0 . "accidentals.natural")
        ;; how can I rotate a symbol?
       (1/6 . (rotate "scripts.lvarcomma"))
        [...]
       )

Alternatively, is it perhaps possible to use another font (e.g., TrueType, or some PostScript font) for the accidentals?

Thank you!

Best
Torsten

--
Torsten Anders
Interdisciplinary Centre for Computer Music Research